Preparing for Surgery & Procedure
To make your surgery and/or hospital stay more smooth and satisfactory, it is very important that you comply with the following instructions:
- Please call Dr. Paci’s assistant Virgina at 631-444-1496 to schedule your surgery. After contacting Virginia a final date and time will be set. Virginia will then contact you with the time and date of your pre-op anesthesia evaluation.
- Please report to the Ambulatory Surgery Center or the University Hospital OR waiting area on the day of surgery, depending on where your procedure has been scheduled.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY, UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED. This includes water, gum, mints, etc.
- Patients who are on blood pressure medicine may take their medicine with a small sip of water the morning of surgery. NO other medicine should be taken unless otherwise instructed to do so. No aspirin or aspirin products, diet pills, vitamins, or herbal supplements should be taken one week prior to surgery.
- Bring a list of your medications, amount and daily dosage with you. Also, bring a list of any drug allergies.
- Please bring proper attire to wear after surgery. You will have dressings on your surgical sites, so loose fitting clothes will work the best. For shoulder surgery, a button up shirt, and for knee surgery shorts or loose fitting pants.
- Please make arrangements for someone to drive you home after surgery. You will not be allowed to drive yourself.
- Please remember to bring your insurance card and driver license with you for the hospital.
- FMLA or disability paperwork needs to be signed in through our office. You should allow 7-10 days turn around time. You may fax them to: Virgina at 631-444-7671.
- If you have any questions before surgery, please contact Virginia at 631-444-1496.
- You will get your post-operative medication scripts the day of surgery.